Cap Closing Machines
Programmed for Precision and Reliability
Norwalt’s cap closing machines deliver unparalleled quality and consistency for high-volume productions. Depending on your needs, we can integrate additional functions into your machinery to help maximize your OEE and long-term savings.
Our cap closing machines combine high-speed automation with mechanical reliability. Beginning where the molding process ends, our machines deliver the following:
- Continuous motion closing
- Patented lid orientation/ closing tool
- Gentle handling
- Automatic reject
- Automatic feeding
- Variable speed drive
- Speeds up to 800 ppm
- Low maintenance and simple size changeovers
- Fixable design to accommodate future size changeovers
- Regenerative air conveyor to reduce energy usage
- Vision system integration to detect flash and short shots and check for color, mold defects, etc.
- Cam-driven motions to eliminate adjustments
- Patented tooling design. Our proprietary design provides better closing consistency for every machine.
- Integrated vision systems. Vision checks ensure your customer will receive flawless product 100 percent of the time. If you currently use an in-mold closing system, we can design an inspection system to check the parts after in-mold closing.
- Additional measures to minimize error. We run the caps through an additional starwheel and conveyor for additional inspection. This helps to reduce problems that might not otherwise be detected before the cap is closed.
- Reduced carbon footprint for clients. Our cap closing machines use electric regenerative blowers, which use tremendously less energy than compressed air.
- Designed for minimal maintenance. We build our machines using thick linear slides which will not require lubrication for up to 10 years.
Custom Solutions Across the Industries
Before you can master the machinery, you need to master the industry. That’s exactly what we’ve done for our diverse group of clients.
We have decades of experience serving medical manufacturers, food and beverage companies and much more. Whether you need to assemble medical devices or personal care products, we know how your industry works and what it takes to stay ahead. From design to prototype and build, our team will work closely with yours to keep you on the cutting edge of your trade.
“Norwalt has been the single best automation supplier I’ve ever worked with, hands down! They always bring innovative solutions, amazing responsiveness to questions or problems, and willingness to do whatever it takes to solve any problem, even the ones they aren’t responsible for!”
– Justin Ellwsorth, Procter & Gamble
“We’ve been working with Norwalt for a number of years developing and rolling out high speed continuous motion multi component assembly lines. They’re consistently on time and on budget, delivered excellent technical solutions that we’ve deployed all around the world. Norwalt has always added tremendous value by taking a flexible approach to finding novel solutions, they never stand still and continuously look to improve their products. They are a real pleasure to work with”
– Assembly Manager, Bluechip FMCG
“I just want to thank this team personally for a magnificent job during this entire project. I can’t say enough of the work that was done from beginning to end from everyone involved. It is fair to say that this was one of the “smoothest” fabrications/start-ups that our company has likely seen in a long time… and I will assure that word gets out to all levels of the company. It has been a pleasure working with each and every one of you on this the past year… maybe we shall do it again soon “
– Satisfied Client
“The project was a great success: on time, achieved production targets for efficiency, utilization and yield. Not that the entire project was without issues, but how Norwalt has handled them has also been a testament to the company’s commitment to their customers.”
– David Rahner, PPC Worldwide
Where Service Comes First
We’re as reliable as we are innovative. From fast technical support to on-site training, we offer everything our clients need to feel fully comfortable and confident with their machinery.